Monday, November 21, 2016

Thankful Hearts

Happy Holidays to my lovely family:) 

I don't have much time today but i thought i would just share 10 things i'm grateful for!
1. The simplicity of PB and Js that sustain me everyday:)
2. A man who had pity on me as i biffed it as i biked up Palm Ave... Hahah its a busy street. We laughed our heads off as i struggled to get back on  and crossed the street to talk to this man.  a few moments  into the conversation he said i saw you go almost go down over there, are you okay? It was clear he just felt bad for us but sent us to his ex gf appartment instead.. hey you take what ya can:)
3.Our investigators who take our investigators to the hospital during relief society because of knee pain from falling and smashing their head into the concrete from clubbin a few days prior.
4.The new skill of sliding our apartment lock to break in that was acquired this week when we lost the keys. I can now break into almost anything!
5.The SOUTH. It will always be a part of me.  
6. The absolute best support team back at home that i love with all that i am.
7.The faith God gave me  to serve a mission.
8.The pure and unlimited chance to talk to God, our heavenly Dad.
9. Sundays:)  
10. The redemptive power of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Yesterday Camille showed up to church in her pajamas and crocs. I was so so truly happy. Nothing is better than having someone you love so much come to church. I put my arm around her as we took the sacrament and as I sat next to her smoke stained clothes i couldn't help but feel so much gratitude for Gods plan. How it is our destiny to become more than who we are today. I looked a few rows up and saw Ray covered in tattoos. He is someone who we work with as well but has a lot of legal situations from his past life that he has to take care of first. A less active that we have also been working with came for the first time in 4 years. All of these people gathered together in one grand cause. To become MORE. 

Every single one of us fights our own battles in this life. But i feel so deeply of the love that our Savior Jesus Christ, has for us as we take his hand to reach tomorrow. I have felt of the power that is within God's plan for us to grow. To overcome. To progress. And to Become. This life has purpose and potential. I pray that we all may reach to Our Savior for strength to be who he wants us to be. I know that as we do this we will be filled with more love not only for others but for ourselves. Because you are going to love who you are becoming so much more than who you were. 

I hope that you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving full of everything that truly matters in this life:)
I love you!
Sister Jackson

My happy place:)

Loads of stray dogs out here. Some are nicer than others.


No comments:

Post a Comment